When Trying to pick a Carrier Oil I recommend choosing based on your skin type. Depending on your skin type, some oils may irritate skin or worsen a skin condition such as acne.
Do your research and know your skin. What doesn’t bother others, might irritate your skin. We offer Custom Batches to allow everyone to enjoy a relaxing aromatic bath. If any product causes irritation, discontinue use immediately.
Below is the Comedogenic Ratings of Carrier oils 0-5, if it will clog pores.
0-will not clog pores
- Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)
- Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil
- Safflower Seed Oil
- Cannabis Sativa (Hemp) Seed Oil
- Camellia Sinensis Leaf Oil
- Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil
- Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil – Our favorite! – It absorbs into the skin well, is anti-inflammatory, anti-aging, anti-oxidant, and anti-bacterial which makes it a valuable ally against acne causing bacteria.
- Melia Azadirachta (Neem) Seed Oil
- Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Oil
- Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil*
- Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil*
- Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter
- Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil
* could cause possible irritation for anyone with a nut allergy
More information about each oil can be found in this 3rd party article, here.
WANT TO LEARN MORE?
- Helpful Information blog has posts about Superbly Simple Formulas, Ingredients & more.
- FAQ has commonly asked questions about Bath Bombs and all things Superbly Simple.
- Love Bath Bombs? A Bubble Subscription is a great way to get your monthly fix!
- Join our Superbly Simple Insider Group for exclusive discounts, member polls & Giveaways!
- Check out our Superbly Simple LLC Facebook page for lives and videos!
- Please CONTACT US if you have any questions.